Friday, March 17, 2006


After months of hardship traipsing across the bleak and barren landscapes of downtown Tallinn, I have come to the tragic, but oh so human, conclusion that there's no such thing as the perfect icicle. Nevertheless, as my own small contribution to iciclology, I offer the present specimen. Today was one of Estonia's first days of thaw (the local weather has a very hesitant personality, changing its mind more often than I my socks), and the sun shone lazily over the spires and other pointy rooves to sculpt the present set of celestial dentures. Tomorrow, 'twill be gone. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisi said...

Cool and interesting shot, I guess it is very usual thing to see in your city...

March 18, 2006 5:41 am  
Blogger Sam said...

What lovely pictures!!
Estonia looks like a beautiful place. But cold!
Brrr!

March 18, 2006 9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe not perfoect to you but to me they have a definite fairy tale quality

March 18, 2006 2:22 pm  
Blogger Amande said...

It must be freezing!!!! Waoooooo!

March 18, 2006 3:12 pm  
Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

Beautiful and HUGE!! I guess if this not so perfect icile falls on someones head...something horrible can happen...(just kidding) love this shot!

March 18, 2006 4:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home