Thursday, August 24, 2006


Back to mushrooms. I only have a moderate interest in fungi. Once, though, at a lecture at the British Natural History Museum, I was very surprised to hear that a very much larger proportion of mushrooms are edible than actually believed. One rather startling story was that one species, identified empirically as poisonous in western Europe was considered a delicacy in Russia. Yes: identical, same chemical composition, same everything, different expectations, different effects. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisi said...

wow, this one is really something!

August 24, 2006 1:18 pm  
Blogger Mostly Harmless said...

Your photographs have put Tallinn on my must visit before I die list. I've been photographing fungai and mushrooms for a couple of years now. If you're interested: http://www.rbonnell.com/shrooms

August 24, 2006 4:32 pm  
Blogger JOAN GONZÁLEZ_MIRATGES said...

bonitas setas.

Joan

October 25, 2006 11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting shot. If you have some photo editing soft, make on images better contrast. But this only my opinion. Thanx for sharing

April 01, 2007 2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home